Studio Coordinator - Full Time Position
A rare opportunity has become available for an experienced Studio Coordinator to join our Photography team!
The Studio Coordinator’s time is spent in four key areas:
- Liaising with brands to ensure that available samples are pre-shot prior to receiving inventory
- Delivering strong brand styling for all studio shoots
- Representing the Photography team in all campaign planning and joint initiatives with Marketing
- Coordination of shoots and running of the studio as needed
- Maintaining brand relationships to support pre-shoot targets
- Coordinating and executing pre-shoots in an organised and efficient manner
- Prepare pre-shoot reporting on a weekly basis
- Styling shoots in accordance with the SurfStitch styling guide and buyer direction
- Managing stock available for styling and benchmarking shoots to ensure consistency
- Researching new trends and competitors to ensure industry-leading representation of our customers and our brand’s customers
- Assisting with model casting and scheduling in line with styling direction
- Booking in models with modelling agencies in advance for the studio schedule.
- Liaising with Buying and Marketing to stay up to date with SurfStitch’s retail strategy and ensure that the studio is represented throughout the planning process
- Preparing product and equipment for shoots and supporting other members of the Photography team as needed
Ideally, we`re looking for someone with:
- Experience in a similar role providing assistance within a high performing team
- Retail / Wholesale experience
- Experience working within a team, contributing to a positive team culture
- Broad background knowledge or interest in photography
- Strong surf and fashion product knowledge
- Interest in styling and fashion
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and juggle competing tasks
- Shows initiative
- Problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box
- MS Office and intermediate computer skills
- Effective time management skills to achieve deadlines
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
If you want in, you’ll need experience in a similar role where you have proven your ability to prioritise and juggle competing tasks. If your experience is in a surf and fashion retail environment, that’s a huge advantage!
You must have a strong interest in and a sound knowledge of photography, styling and fashion to succeed. You’ll have experience working in a team who is passionate about all these things and a desire to contribute to their positive team culture!
Intermediate MS office skills are a must in this role, along with extremely high attention to detail. SurfStitch is experiencing a period of continual transformation, so an ability to problem solve and rapidly respond to business needs is necessary.
What we offer is the chance to join a team that works hard and plays harder. Looking for an inspiring work environment? We’ve got a state-of-of-the-art photo studio. Like Ping Pong? Bring your skills. Like our products? You’ll get generous staff discount. It’s your birthday? Take the day off!
Are you the person we’re looking for? Submit your cover letter and CV today!